Premium Water and Stain Repellent for Footwear; including sneakers, shoes, boots, and outdoor footwear. Works on Suede, Nubuck, and Fabrics.
Now available for retail purchase at our online store.
- Designed for absorptive substrates including suede, nubuck, fabric, and canvas.
- Scotchgard Protector from 3M gives Defender Repellent Systems the power to repel water, oil and stains.
- Initially darkens but is colorless and does not change the color, breathability, or feel of the material.
- Absolutely no PFOA or PFOS.
- Perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) and perfluorooctanoate (PFOA) accumulate in the environment and humans. Animal studies have shown these compounds to cause a variety of health effects, including reduced birth size and infant mortality
- PFOS and PFOAs that can be transformed into these chemicals in the environment are used in a wide range of consumer applications, including oil and water repellents for fabric, apparel, carpets, and paper coatings such as fast-food wrappers. The chemicals have been found in the blood of people throughout the world.
- Only water repellent on the market to use C4 technology.
- Since January 2015, major apparel and footwear brands and retailers have committed to phase out the use of long chain PFCs, and shift towards shorter chains. In theory, pure “C6” or “C4” fluorinated water repellents do not contain long-chain (“C8” or higher) perfluorinated compounds including PFOS and PFOA, and will significantly reduce risk of hazardous substance.